HOW DOES IT ALL WORK??!
So first and foremost we are a pub and microbrewery located in the heart of Battersea, near to Clapham Junction station. We are open during the daytimes serving food, our selection of house brews and craft beer, alongside our huge gin collection and extensive wine list. We have a lovely Gin Yard too. We also have an upper floor, which is where the Arcade is located which normally opens at 7pm during the week, 6pm on Fridays, 12pm Saturdays and 1pm-9pm on Sundays. This is a huge space that fits over 200 people and has Moonshine Raceway remote controlled car racing, Virtual Reality and a Plonk mini crazy golf course, as well as table football, several retro arcade cabinets and pinball machines. We also have 2 immersive game rooms hosted by Handmade Mysteries called Lady Chastity’s Reserve, this must be booked in advance over at handmademysteries.com. We think we’re really fun and we hope you do too.
Can I come to the Arcade in the daytime?
Unfortunately the larger games are hosted so it’s not possible to open the Arcade earlier than the stated opening times.
How do I get there?
Our nearest train station is Clapham Junction. The nearest tube is Clapham Common (on the Northern Line), you can either then walk to us (20 minutes) or catch the 345 bus.
How old do I have to be?
Sunday to Wednesday, we operate a Challenge 25 policy, which means if you look under 25 we may ask you for ID to prove you are over the age of 18. Only valid, physical forms of ID will be accepted. Thursday to Saturday, our busier times, we still operate Challenge 25, but this time to prove you are 21 or over. Our over 21’s policy is strict and at times we may operate a no ID, no entry policy. Children are welcome every day until 8pm, but please note we stop admitting entry to those under 21 at 6pm on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. We ID at the bar as well as at the door so please don’t take offence if you are asked several times.
Do you have a dress code?
Jeans and trainers are fine. We don't allow fancy dress unfortunately apart from special occasions such as Halloween, New Years Eve or the lead picture on this page. We also do not allow team sports colours - we are a sport free haven!
Do you cater for Stag or Hen parties?
Unfortunately we don’t feel our venue caters for the specific needs of a stag or hen party, but we hope you enjoy your celebration elsewhere!
Do I need to book?
Booking is not strictly necessary, you can just turn up! We do book tables in the venue, so if you would like a table reserved, please use the Design My Night booking form found on this website. The latest available booking is 8.30pm. Our different booking types are as follows:
Drinks Table – Select this if you’re not too worried about being formally seated and would like a table predominantly for drinks (ordering food at this type of table is of course fine too) and you have a group of 15 or more people.
Arcade – Upstairs at The Four Thieves – Select this if you would like a table upstairs. Table space is extremely limited in the Arcade so while there may not be enough space to be seated, it will be a great area for your party to use as a base.
Boogaloo Bottomless Brunch – Select this if you would like a party brunch on a Saturday hosted in the Boat House. Please note this is only suitable for over 18s. If you would like to come and and eat from the brunch menu we have plenty of space for walk ins.
Quiz – Book a table for your team on a Tuesday – highly recommended.
I’ve received my deposit form, how long do I have to return it?
We operate bookings on a first come, first served basis in terms of the deposit. We send out forms to everyone who has made an enquiry providing we have space left so the quicker you send it back, the more likely you are to get a space. Even if you do send your deposit form back, there is a chance someone may have pipped you to the post.
I have a party of less than 15, can I still book?
We leave plenty of tables for smaller groups to walk in, so apart from the quiz or brunch, unfortunately we do not book for parties that are less than 15 people.
You’ve told me you’re fully booked can I still come?
YES! Of course. We leave tables that are not reserved and also we don’t take any bookings for the gin yard so all tables out there are available on a first come, first served basis. We recommend arriving early on a Saturday as we do get quite busy.
Can I privately hire a space in the pub?
No unfortunately we do not offer private hire of any spaces, we prefer to have each space open for everyone to enjoy.
Can I book a table in the garden?
We are very sorry to say that as the garden is our only outdoor location we feel its only fair that it is used on a first come first served basis.
Is there an entry fee?
No, apart from New Year’s Eve we do not charge an entry fee to the pub. The Arcade is free entry too, you do have to pay for the games as you play.
I’ve lost something at the pub, can you help?
Sure, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a really good description and we’ll see if it’s turned up. Any lost property we have for two weeks or longer will be donated to charity as unfortunately we do not have the capacity for storage.
BOOKING / Terms and Conditions
· We ask for a £2 per head (or £25 minimum) holding deposit to secure your booking. This is done via a secure form from our booking partner Design My Night. This will not be debited from your account, unless you do not attend without giving us notice, or your numbers drop more than 25% of guests without giving us notice.
· Please arrive on time for your booking. We will try and hold your table for as long as possible but as you can imagine in a very busy pub it’s difficult to keep a table free if the time written on the reserved sign has already passed. If you are running late please let us know on 02072236927
· If you arrive within half an hour of your original booking time, you will get immediate entry, even if there is a queue. If you arrive later than half an hour after your original booking time, you may have to join the priority queue. The priority queue lasts until 10pm, so if you arrive after then you will have to join the normal queue.
· We operate a first come, first served policy on the basis of who returns the deposit first. We send out deposit forms if there is availability, however if someone else returns it first then you may miss out on the space.
· If you need to change or cancel your booking, please give us at least 48 hours notice. For special occasions such as Christmas we may ask for 7 days notice for alterations.
· Booking does not guarantee entry, as ever right of admission is at the discretion of the management. Management’s decisions are final.
Are dogs allowed?
We absolutely love our furry friends here at The Four Thieves so please bring them along! It does get a bit loud and busy for dogs on Friday and Saturday nights so please bare in mind that there may be points when we stop letting doggos in because of how busy it is.